Thursday, July 9, 2009

Delicious bookmarking website for Teachers and Students

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

I am excited about discovering "Delicious" . I never knew it existed until our first tute it is so much better than using favourites.

I know that as a teacher I will continue to use this website to create tags for my class and start saving links that my students might find useful or interesting. Share a link of this tag with your students' parents on the class syllabus, class website so that parents can become involved as well. This would also allow teachers to monitor students' research progress (Barsky and Purdon, 2006).

Students will be able to use this collaboration tool to create their own tag and use it for interesting and useful information that they have come across while researching for assignments or if they are participating in group projects this tool will be invaluable as all group members will be able to access all links through a group tag (Barsky and Purdon, 2006.)

This website could be utilised in any Key Learning Area for various applications.

'Till next time,
Happy Blogging!

References

Barsky, E & Purdon, M (2006): Introducing Web 2.0: social networking and social bookmarking for health librarians. JCHLA/JABSC 27 (1): 65-67.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    I too will be using this form of tagging within my classroom. I also feel that it is most beneficial for time management in reference to sharing ideas with other staff members. If there is a social bookmarking site designed purely for teacher ideas and useful websites, the time saved by researching will be a blessing for teachers.Tiff (Dorris)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiff,
    Yes I agree wholeheartedly inregards to being a godsend for time management.. I wonder if older teachers would embrace it or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie!
    The more I use this site the more I come to like it. It is fairly easy to use and set up. What age groups of students do you feel would be able to successfully use this tool? Or do you think it could be adapted in some way to better cater for the learning needs of younger students? Some great ideas guys!
    Pete

    ReplyDelete